Saturday, August 22, 2009

River Rock Farm

Recently, I was able to stop by the River Rock Farm table at the Brookline Farmer's Market. I had wanted to purchase skirt steak from them, but they were always sold out by the time I made it to the market after work.

Still hankering for some iron, I opted to buy some steak tips from the nice gal at River Rock and happily brought them home for dinner.


All natural beef? Local? I felt good about supporting it. We cooked it simply -- just salt & pepper on the grill and they were some of the best steak tips we've had (we have a tendency to overcook them). I'm not sure I could tell the difference in the flavor, but the idea of supporting local farmers appeals to me.

River Rock Farm offers a type of meat CSA. I'm intrigued, but not sure I'm ready to have that much (5-6 lbs/month) red meat in my diet.

No comments: