Sunday, September 21, 2008

Bento Has Arrived!

Hooray! I credit my friend Hilary for tuning me in to the wonderful world of bento. After much hemming & hawing, I finally ordered a bento set from Ichiban Kan. I laughed out loud when my package arrived and it was stuffed with Japanese-language newspaper. Tomorrow morning, I'm going to try my first bento assembly. I'm slightly intimidated that a) it won't make enough food (the portions of bento are tiny!) b) it will give me some sort of health issue since the pieces are plastic and made in China c) that I won't enjoy room temperature leftovers.

Nevertheless, I gladly venture forward into the wonderful world of bento. I am very excited to try the variety of mini-meals that bento affords and the aesthetics of the food as well. Onward and upward!

Two tier stacking set. It says "Lube Sheep" (?!?) on the cover as well. World's smallest fork. A belt for keeping the 2 tiers snug during transport. A lined thermal bag to ease transport and keep food warm/cool until lunchtime!

1 comment:

Hilary P said...

Awesome! You will love it :) As for the plastic, I figure that since you aren't microwaving it, you are probably ok. I think.

Definitely get some little silicone cups - they help keep everything separate. (I like to put sunflower seeds or chocolate bits in mine...)

Yay bento! I can't wait to see some pictures!