Monday, September 22, 2008

Bento #1

My first bento! Ok, that sounded very Fisher-Price. So I ate and enjoyed today's bento. It mostly filled me up and post-lunch snacking was more due to procrastination than anything else. Also, I microwaved the lower tier full of pasta (with lid removed) just to get it to a warm-enough level. I'd be curious to see how well it retained heat had I heated it up in the morning before assembling the bento. Bento #1: Leftover Baked pasta (campanelle, 3 cheeses, chicken sausage) in the lower tier. Upper tier consists of concord grapes (delicious -- this is the flavor of "grape"), orange slices, one slice of extra sharp cheddar cut into cubes, red pepper sticks and creamy ranch dressing for dipping.

Taking all of this into consideration, I really need to invest in some silicone food cups and dividers. I was able to sequester the ranch dressing off to the side with a red pepper barricade, but the juice of the orange seeped through a bit.

No comments: