Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sandwich Upgrade

Usually, I bring my lunch to work. This often involves leftovers from the night before, or, in more depressing situations, a bowl of Special K and a banana. However, from time to time, I get more creative and put together some knock-out sandwiches. There are precious few lunch options near my office, so whenever I get ready to dig into my sandwich, co-workers jealously eye it and ask where I got it from. Invariably, they are disappointed when my response is "I made it," and I take a little victory in having a delicious lunch!

Salami Sandwich
  • 1 foccacini roll, from Trader Joe's (my new favorite!)
  • 3 slices Genoa salami
  • goat cheese, room temperature (or at least a few minutes out of the fridge)
  • roasted red pepper
  • romaine lettuce
  • balsamic vinegar, for drizzling.

Spread goat cheese on one side of bread. Add salami, a few leaves of romaine and some cut-up roasted red pepper. Drizzle with a little balsamic. At lunch time, warm up in a toaster oven for a few minutes. Enjoy!

No comments: